The Super Stock® generator style crankcases are designed with a stock like original appearance. This gives the engine builder an alternative to attempting costly repairs on fatigued, broken, worn-out stock crankcases. In spite of the stock appearance, these cases incorporate updated design features that improve overall engine strength and reliability.
- 1936–'47 knucklehead engines with tin primary
- 1948–'64 panhead engines with tin primary
- 1965–'69 panhead & generator shovelhead with alloy primary
- Custom – alternator/generator
Features and Benefits:
- Pre-clearanced for strokes up to and including 5"
- Motor mounts on crankcases for knucklehead engines are machined to fit stock 1936–'47 frames. An adapter plate is included for 1948 and later style frames
- All cases are designed for late style generator (two brush type) with 5?16" mounting bolts to eliminate early generator cradle/mounting strap bosses for simplicity and economics
- Use more readily available 1/4"-20 thread fasteners to mount gearcover, oil pump, tappet guides, timer, and timer advance bracket, except KN replacement
- Timken® sprocket shaft main bearing, in all years, instead of stock straight roller bearings – resulting in better flywheel assembly stability, placement, and longer engine life
|S&S® Super StocK® Generator Crankcases for 1936-'99 Big Twins
|1965-'69 Panhead or Shovelhead
|KN Replacement Generator/Generator
|Note: All S&S crankcases use Timken® style sprocket shaft bearings and 1958 & later pinion bearings. These cases will not accept stock 1957 & earlier flywheel assemblies.
| 1. 1936-'69 style oil pump. 2. Machined for 1948-'62 panhead cylinder base oil feed. 3. Motor mounts are machined for stock 1936-'47 frames, adapter plate for 1948 & later style frames is included. 4. Includes primary scavenge port machining.
SPECIAL NOTES:Engines for 1936–'64 chassis with tin primary must use a 1954–'64 style inner primary cover.
S&S Super Stock generator style crankcases are available for stock 3 7/16" or 3 5/8" bore, but can be special ordered for bore sizes up to 3 13/16" and deck heights as much as 3/16" taller than stock.
A special order sheet must be filled out for any special order crankcases. Ask your S&S Customer Support Representative or download special order forms here.