The new V111 touring engine is designed for torque more than top end horsepower. The short 4-1/8 inch stroke is equal to the large 4-1/8 inch bore, which minimizes vibration.
The relatively low lift S&S 585 cam and the single coil Sidewinder™ valve springs minimize valve train noise. A smooth, quiet, torquey engine is ideal for touring applications where vibration and noise can get old on a long ride, and a loaded bagger pulling a trailer can overtax a stock engine.
The V111 features and benefits include:
- Short stroke produces less vibration and longer engine life
- S&S 585 cam and lightweight single coil Sidewinder valve springs reduce valve train noise
- S&S forged rocker arms
- Shorter than stock height engine makes installation easy
- Chrome plated rocker covers, tappet guides, and gear cover
- S&S Super E carburetor with teardrop air cleaner
- S&S Super Stock ignition
- Two year warranty
- Fits 1984-1999 carbureted big twin chassis
- Full Polish finish