S&S 79cc cylinder heads are intended for stock engines and other small displacement applications. These heads are compatible with stock Harley-Davidson® rocker covers. Must use S&S valve cover gasket kit part #90-4124 with stock rocker covers. They are a very economical performance upgrade designed for use with other performance enhancers and are machined to accept S&S® compression releases. For 1999-'05 Big tins with stock rocker covers.
Features and Benefits:
- Heads can be decked up to .060" to increase compression
- 79cc heads 1.940" intake and 1.575" exhaust valves
- S&S .640" lift valve springs
- Stock Harley-Davidson® rocker boxes can be retained if S&S manual compression release or S&S Easy Start cams are used. Must use S&S valve cover gasket kit part #90-4120 with stock rocker covers
- 2006-up heads are machined for 2008-up top motor mount
- Silver powercoat or wrinkle black powder coat finish
|Compression Ratios for S&S®
Super Stock® Cylinder Heads for
1999–Up Big Twins
|Engine Displacement & Configuration
|Stock 2007–up 96"
|97" Big Bore
|106" Top End Kit
|*S&S pop-up piston
Silver. . . . 106-4277
Black. . . . 90-1293
Notes When 79cc stock compatible heads are used with stock H-D® pistons, TDC lifts of up to .186" for intake and .179" for exhaust and can be used without additional valve pocket clearancing. This allows the use of S&S® 510, 570, and 585 camshafts. If cams with higher TDC lifts are used, or if the heads are decked, piston valve pocket machining will be required. 79cc heads may be decked as much as .060" to increase compression. If heads are decked, piston valve pockets must be re-machined. Moderate valve spring force in S&S Super Stock® cylinder heads allows the use of camshafts designed for the stock style chain cam drive system. However, for maximum reliability and performance we recommend the S&S gear drive cams. Must use S&S valve cover gasket kit part #90-4120 with stock rocker covers.