- Exhaust (select all)
- Air Cleaners (select all)
- Engine Kits (30)
- Engines (select all)
- Crankcase (28)
- Flywheels (32)
- Camshafts (120)
- Carburetors (82)
- Manifolds (47)
- Oil Pumps (33)
- Gear Covers (5)
- Cylinders & Pistons (0)
- Cylinders / Pistons (322)
- Cylinder Heads (47)
- Tappets (18)
- Pushrods (39)
- Rocker Arms (12)
- Valve Springs (20)
- Rocker Covers (8)
- Throttle Bodies (13)
- Electronics (31)
- Transmission (8)
- Clutch (8)
- Lubricants (8)
- Gaskets (45)
- 1999-'06 Harley-Davidson® big twins – Balanced and unbalanced models
- S&S T-Series Engine and Hot Set Up Kit® replacement flywheels
Features and Benefits:
- Heat-treated 4140 material is harder and 114% stronger than stock
- Harder material, no thrust washers required – Where stock flywheels have thrustwashers, S&S flywheels have steel gripping the crankpin
- Larger 1.671" diameter crankpin - increased contact area and tighter press fit for a stronger joint. No welding required!
- Integral mainshafts - eliminates two potential points of weakness
- Consistent balance and precision machining – Truer flywheels and less vibration
- Reduced mainshaft deflection at high rpm – less vibration, reduced piston and rod sidethrusting, prevents oil pump damage, fully compatible with gear drive cams
- Capable of higher rpm – More available power!
|S&S® Flywheel Assemblies - 1999-'06 H-D® big twin models
(except 2006 Dyna® Models)
|Engine Displacement||Stroke||Sprocket Bearing Race||Twin Cam 88®||Twin Cam 88B™|
|88", 95", 97", 100", w/Stock or S&S Pistons||4"||Yes*||320-0402||320-0396|
| 96", 103", CVO 103, 106" big bore, 110",117", w/Stock or S&S Pistons
|S&S 106" stroker||4 1/2"||No||320-0460||320-0454|
|S&S 111"||4 1⁄8"||No||320-0417||–|
| SE 120R (uses 7.575" length rods)
|S&S 124"||4 5⁄8"||No||320-0475||320-0469|
|Note - All S&S flywheel assemblies for 1999-'06 engines have connecting rods with 7.667” length and full width straight wristpin ends.
*Flywheel assemblies supplied with sprocket shaft bearing race installed are compatible with stock roller style sprocket shaft bearings. Assemblies with no race require a Timken® sprocket shaft bearing
|Special order forms can be found by clicking here.|
- Engines with strokes over 4" may require S&S® piston oiling jets and piston to jet clearance notches in the piston skirt to avoid contact.
- Main Bearing Note: Most S&S flywheel assemblies for 1999-'14 big twin engines are designed for use with Timken® sprocket shaft bearings. They will fit directly in stock 1999-’02 Harley-Davidson® crankcases and in all S&S crankcases for 1999-'14 big twin engines, with no modifications. However, stock 2003 and later engines use a roller type bearing for the sprocket shaft. S&S does offer flywheel assemblies that are compatible with late roller style stock sprocket shaft bearings, but they are not recommended for very large, high performance engines.
- S&S strongly recommends retrofitting 2003-'14 model crankcases to accept a Timken sprocket shaft bearing. A Timken conversion sleeve such as Screamin' Eagle® #34822-08 or Jim's® #956 may be used. A charging system spacer for 1999-'02 model year is also required.
- The S&S® Service and Speed Center® can perform this modification for you.
- If you choose not to convert your crankcases to a Timken sprocket shaft bearing, S&S flywheels may be used in 2003 and later engines by either purchasing the stock compatible flywheels or by installing Harley-Davidson® bearing kit #24004-03B when using S&S flywheels designed for Timken bearings. This bearing kit adapts the S&S sprocket shaft so it is compatible with stock roller type bearings. Verify that the bearing kit contains the 24604-00D or 24607-07 sprocket shaft bearing. Do not use a 24604-00, 24604-00A, 24604-00B or 24604-00C bearing. Please be advised that if this type of bearing is used, sprocket shaft bearing failure WILL NOT be covered under warranty.