This stock bore, crankcase is intended to replace the crankcases in Harley-Davidson® Twin Cam 88® engines in existing Harley-Davidson® chassis only. S&S stock style crankcases have a rear motor mount that bolts directly to the stock 1999-'06 transmission for all models except 2006 Dyna®. These crankcases are compatible with the stock primary, charging system, and other stock components. S&S replacement crankcases are not available for Twin Cam 88B™ or 2007- later Twin Cam 96™ or Twin Cam 96B™ engines.
- Greater overall strength than stock crankcases, especially in the front motor mount, an important consideration in high performance applications.
- All S&S crankcases use strong, dependable Timken® style sprocket shaft bearings to stand up to the most demanding applications.
- Clearanced for strokes up to and including 5".
- All passages between the crankcase cam support plate are o-ring sealed.
- Compatible with most stock components.
- Cam chest has clearance for up to .675" lift cams.
- Includes the S&S crankcase breather reed valve for Twin Cam 88® engines designed to eliminate oil carry-over and oil scavenging problems.
- Black Finish.
- Oil line installation kit PN 31-0424 is required for installation in 1999-'05 Dyna® models. This kit includes a special transmission top cover and oil lines.
- Oil line installation kit PN 31-0425 is required for installation in 2000-' 06 FLT models. Stock transmission top cover may be used.