The S&S high performance clutch offers more gripping power with more friction surfaces and a larger friction centerline diameter, this clutch is able to handle over 150 horsepower. For competition applications, stronger pressure plate springs are available that increase the power handling capacity to nearly 200 horsepower. Fits in stock primary cases with only minor clearancing operations, which are not visible when the primary is assembled.
Available for 1991-'06 big twin models except 2006 Dyna®
Features and Benefits:
- Superior to competitively priced high performance clutches
- Fits in stock primary with minor modification
- With supplied springs, lever effort is slightly less than a stock Harley-Davidson® clutch, but handles engines up to 150 hp
- Optional high pressure clutch springs, available for competition applications, increases power handling capacity to nearly 200 hp
- Light duty springs for light clutch pull in less demanding stock street applications
- 11 friction plate, 10 steel plate design – narrow friction rings increase contact diameter for increased torque capacity
- Supplied with early style 66-tooth ring gear for increased strength and reduced tooth breakage
- Mechanical or hydraulic actuation
- 36 or 37-tooth sprocket
- Early style starter pinion gear required for 1994-'99 models to match 66-tooth ring gear supplied
Kit contains clutch assembly, special inner transmission mainshaft bearing race, installation hardware, and instructions.
With 36-Tooth Sprocket . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 56-5150A
With 37-Tooth Sprocket . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 56-5151A