S&S Hydraulic Tappets fit all Harley-Davidson® Evolution® big twin engines and 1986–'90 Sportster® models. They also are used in S&S engines for 1966–'84 big twin chassis. These tappets feature numerous significant design improvements and are perfect for stock replacement as well as high performance applications.
- Larger inner bearing race reduces stresses to increase axle, bearing, and roller life. The S&S inner bearing race is .123" larger in diameter than the "raceless" roller axles currently used by some manufacturers.
- Improved inner race-roller design allows use of more, and larger bearings to increase load-carrying surface area, further reducing stress and wear in the critical roller area.
- Redesigned plunger assembly better withstands forces associated with heavy-duty valve springs and cams typically used in high-performance applications.
- Revised metering device precisely controls oil delivery to top end, insuring rapid lifter pump-up and reducing possibility of oil starvation to bottom end.
- Each lifter body and plunger assembly is hand-fit and then pressure-tested to insure correct operation.
- Set of four, without HL2T limited travel kit
Harley-Davidson® part number 18523-86A
Note: All reference to H-D® part numbers is for identification purposes only. We in no way are implying that any of S&S Cycle's products are original equipment parts or that they are equivalent to the corresponding H-D® part number shown.