Produced using the die-casting manufacturing process and then machined with computer controlled equipment. S&S die cast rocker covers for 1999-up Harley-Davidson® Twin Cam 88® and 96™ engines include Viton® o-ring style cover seals for leak-free operation. Our proven two-piece design makes installation simple.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Special rocker arm supports are included
- S&S rocker covers are finished with show-quality chrome
- Installation on stock and most comparable sized engines can be performed without removing the engine from the frame
- Clearanced to permit valve lifts up to .640" using S&S valve spring packages and stock rocker arms or S&S roller rocker arms
- S&S rocker covers accept valve springs up to 1.660" O.D. without modification
- Exclusive one way valve built into the rocker cover gasket to control oil carry over
- Front and rear covers
- All necessary gaskets and o-rings
- Mounting hardware
- If using valve spring packages with taller than stock installed height, some minor clearancing may be required.
- Cylinder heads must be set up correctly for high lift cams, and it remains the builder’s responsibility to confirm all clearances.
- In most instances, only minor clearancing is required to use S&S rocker covers with valve springs larger than 1.660” O.D.
Any job is easy with the right tools: Rocker Cover Wrench Set