S&S steel breather gears are much stronger and more durable than the factory plastic ones. With better dimensional stability at high temperatures and RPM, crankcase oil scavenging is significantly improved.
- Abrasive particles are less likely to get imbedded in a steel gear body than a plastic one
- A welded-in screen prevents particles from entering the gear cavity and damaging either the gears or oil pump
- Larger diameter holes means improved air flow and oil scavenging from the flywheel cavity
- Improved breather window timing increases flywheel cavity vacuum and crankcase oil scavenging
- Slotted scavenge hole increases breather pocket oil scavenging for less carry over