For 1999-up big twins with S&S® flywheels. Made to be used with S&S flywheels, these connecting rod assemblies are not compatible with stock components. The 1.5" diameter crankpin is smaller than stock, allowing the crankpin end of the rods to be smaller and lighter, and also allows replaceable bearing races.
Features and Benefits:
- Heavy duty rods are made of heat treated 4140 chromoly steel
- Bearing clearance is pre-fit so rods come ready to install
- Crankpins have two oil distribution holes located between the roller bearing paths for continuous oil distribution to the bearing
- Thrust faces on crankpin end of rear rods are grooved to distribute oil and help maintain lubrication between the rod and flywheel
- Designed with additional rod-to-rod clearance to accommodate strokes up to and including 5"
- 1.5" crankpin – less rotating mass and replaceable bearing races
For use with 2007–up Pistons (tapered wristpin ends). . . . . . . . . . . . . .106-3373
For use with aftermarket big bore pistons (straight wristpin ends). . . .34-7405
SPECIAL NOTES: Due to different crankpin diameters, S&S® connecting rod assemblies cannot be used with stock Harley-Davidson® flywheels. S&S flywheels for Harley-Davidson® Twin Cam 88® and Twin Cam 96™ engines are pressed together as opposed to using the traditional tapered shafts and crankpin. Assembly and truing requires special equipment. If you do not have the capability of servicing pressed together flywheel assemblies, S&S will remanufacture your S&S flywheel assembly to like new specifications.