Special Flywheels for Cast Pro Stock Engines. Special S&S Pro Stock flywheels are designed specifically for use with cast Pro Stock S&S crankcases in S&S 45° and 60° cast Pro Stock engines. Stroke is normally 4.375" for S&S 160" Pro Stock engines. However, any stroke may be specified between 3.500" and 5.000", although the very short strokes may not be possible with some configurations.
Features and benefits
- The special shape of the S&S Pro Stock flywheel results in increased rigidity and allows flywheels to be balanced to very large pistons and rods
- Flywheel diameter may be specified between 7.875" to 8.125" (larger diameters must be used for the longer strokes)
- Features a 1.500" pressed-in crankpin, 1.250" diameter big twin style pressed-in sprocket shaft, and a special pressed-in Pro Stock pinion shaft
- Pinion shaft is .850" longer than stock pinion shaft for a Harley-Davidson® Sportster® model
- Although the S&S Pro Stock flywheels are used in a S&S four-cam crankcase, they are designed to use big twin width connecting rods. Connecting rods typically used for 45° Pro Stock applications are S&S 8.000" or 8.500" billet alloy rods. 60° engines can use shorter connecting rods due to the wider cylinder angle. S&S 7.500" billet aluminum rods are generally used. However, any big twin width connecting rod designed for a 1.500" crankpin may be used. Refer to current special order sheet for options available.
Flywheels with big twin sprocket shaft, minimum flywheel diameter is 8 1/8".
Special order sheet required. Download the order form here.