S&S® racing flywheels are available for many different applications where extra strength and rigidity are essential. These flywheels are designed for engines which are built with big twin crankcases (includes "four cam" style big twin cases from Delkron, and McClure) and feature a large number of
options. Due to their custom nature, S&S racing flywheels are special order items, and a special order sheet must be filled out before an order can be entered.
Features and Benefits
- Machined from special hardened forgings
- Forgings have a heavier counter balanceeasier to balance flywheels to big bore pistons and heavy connecting rods
- Flywheel stroke can be specified between 3.500" to 5.250" (very short strokes may not be possible with some configurations)
- Flywheel diameter can be specified between 8.000" to 8.500"
- Flywheels can be machined for 1.250" or 1.500" diameter crankpins in tapered or pressed in styles
- Sprocket shafts are available in stock or 1.500" diameters
- S&S offers two styles of pressed in crankpins:
- One style is pressed into the drive side flywheel only and fits into a taper on the camside flywheel
- The other type is pressed into both flywheels
Please note that tapered 1.500" diameter crankpins and sprocket shafts can not be used with very short strokes. Appropriate connecting rods and mainshafts may be selected when flywheels are ordered. Refer to current special order sheet for options available.