For high performance competition engines, S&S® racing manifolds for 1984up engines can accommodate throttle bodies of up to 2 7?16" diameter. Round intake port can be ordered for use with either S&S SA cylinder heads or with STD style big port racing cylinder heads. Order your manifold with a special oval intake port for compatibility with "Baisley" style oval port heads. These manifolds are configure to order (CTO) and are non-returnable.
Round Port Manifolds
- Manifold bore diameter must be specified
- 2 1?16" (2.063") minimum, 2 7?16" (2.437") maximum
- Round port may be ordered to fit either S&S SA cylinder heads or STD style large port racing cylinder heads. Port dimensions of manifolds ordered to fit S&S SA cylinder heads are 2.250" outside diameter and 1.875" inside diameter. Ports ordered to fit the STD style big port cylinder heads are machined to 2.312" outside diameter unless it is specified that the ports be left unmachined. The inside diameter of the port must be specified. 1.625" minimum, 2.220" maximum. Manifolds can also be ordered with inside diameter unmachined
- The larger than stock outside diameter of the manifold ports necessitate the use of special S&S mounting flanges. S&S SA heads require special four-bolt flanges, and the STD style heads require special two-bolt flanges. Uses part #16-0246-S o-ring
Oval Port Manifolds
- The inside of the ports are left unmachined. The inside of the manifold ports are cast to an oval shape which may be worked to exactly match the port shape of the cylinder head
- Port outside diameter is machined to 2.312", unless it is specified that
- The larger than stock port outside diameter necessitates the use of special S&S mounting flanges and a larger than stock mounting bolt pattern in the cylinder heads. Uses part #16-0246-S o-ring
Notes:We will not use engine component dimensions to calculate manifold length for any special order manifold. This is due to the poor success we have had in producing manifolds to the correct length using this method. We prefer to use port-to-port measurements from a mocked up or assembled engine. We have had very good success making manifolds to the correct length using port to port measurements. Click here for more on ordering manifolds/port-to-port measuring.
Due to the large size of these manifolds, they will not fit stock style cylinder heads.