On top of a 3-step break-in rev-limiter function, the Guardian Diagnostic System offers engine builders and tuners some powerful diagnostic tools to use with the S&S IST ignition module.
- 1999–'03 big twins with S&S IST ignition modules manufactured after 10/01/03 (serial number begins with "E" or higher letter)
- 2004–'06 big twins with S&S IST ignition modules manufactured after 10/01/05 (serial number begins with "G" or higher letter)
- All new S&S IST ignition modules
Features and Benefits:
- Adjust the rev-limiter. Modules are factory set to 6,250 rpm rev-limit, but this can be set to any value up to 7,200 rpm
- Scan tool function allows you to view diagnostic test codes (DTCs) or clear history DTCs
- Calibrate the speedometer in 2004-'06 H-D® models
- Look at live data (rpm, manifold absolute pressure, engine temperature, battery voltage, spark timing, dwell, and coil current) for both cylinders while the engine is running, to aid in service work or performance development
- Look at history information (number of starts, number of revlimiter hits after the break-in rev-limit has expired, amount of time spent in various operating conditions, maximum temperature reached, current rev-limit, total engine cycles and running time)
|Break-In Rev-Limits Schedule
|Hours of Operation
|0 to 8
|8 to 16
|16 to 24
|*The final rev-limit can be set to any value up to 7200 rpm using S&S IST Guardian Diagnostic software. Available for modules sold separately only.
Kit contains PC software CD, Translator unit, adn Adaptor cables.
- Microsoft® Windows® 2000 or higher operating system
- Pentium II 350 MHz processor or faster/equivalent, Pentium III 500 MHz processor or faster/equivalent preferred
- Minimum 64 MB RAM, 128 MB or more recommended
- At least 300 MB of free hard drive space
- CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive required for installation
- Keyboard and mouse (or equivalent pointing device)
- 9-pin serial port for communication with ignition modules or serial to USB adapter (PC must have 9-pin serial port for communication with ignition module. Otherwise, a serial to USB adapter must be used.)