- Exhaust (select all)
- Air Cleaners (select all)
- Engine Kits (28)
- Engines (select all)
- Crankcase (28)
- Flywheels (32)
- Camshafts (120)
- Carburetors (82)
- Manifolds (47)
- Oil Pumps (33)
- Gear Covers (5)
- Cylinders & Pistons (0)
- Cylinders / Pistons (328)
- Cylinder Heads (48)
- Tappets (18)
- Pushrods (39)
- Rocker Arms (12)
- Valve Springs (20)
- Rocker Covers (8)
- Throttle Bodies (13)
- Electronics (31)
- Transmission (8)
- Clutch (8)
- Lubricants (12)
- Gaskets (45)
|S&S® 124" HOT SET UP KIT® SPECS|
|Year||Stroke||Bore||Cylinder Length||Piston Type/Compression Ratio|
|2007-'14||4-5/8"||4-1/8"||5.004"||Flat top forged/10.8:1||Flat top forged/11:1||Forged, 10.9cc dish/10.4:1|
|Does not fit Twin-Cooled™ models|
- 2007 - '14 big twins w/ Balancer
- Twin-Cooled™ models require 900-0609 head gaskets (2 pack).
Features & Benefits:
- Huge displacement increase means huge power increase
- Stock crankcases, cylinder heads, oil pump, and cam cover can be reused, saving hundreds of dollars
- Original engine serial numbers are retained
- Gear drive S&S 640 Easy Start Cams included!
- Wrinkle black (WBlack) powder coat finish heads match factory finish, giving bike a "sleeper" advantage
- .045" MLS (multi-layered steel) head gaskets
- Requires crankcase boring –S&S can provide quality, professional machine shop and engine building service through our S&S® Service and Speed Center®.
- Adds .096" to engine height
- Kits with S&S heads use stock length manifolds (S&S size 405)
- Cylinder w/ piston kits include fitted pistons ready to install
- Silver finish available through CTO
Stock crankcases need to be bored to accept new 41/8" bore cylinders. S&S can provide this service for you! See S&S Service and Speed Center®.
S&S Easy Start Cams save you money – no need to buy compression releases or S&S rocker covers.
For engines with cable controlled throttle bodies we recommend the S&S 58mm single bore throttle bodies and manifolds. For 2008-up touring models with electronic throttle control S&S recommends a S&S Throttle Hog 58mm or 66mm Throttle body.
Main Bearing Note: S&S flywheel assemblies included in a 124” S&S Hot Set Up Kit® for 1999-'14 big twin engines are designed for use with Timken® sprocket shaft bearings. They will fit directly in stock 1999-’02 Harley-Davidson® crankcases and in all S&S crankcases for 1999-'14 big twin engines, with no modifications. However, stock 2003 and later engines use a roller type bearing for the sprocket shaft, and will require modification.
Due to the amount of power these engines produce with an S&S Hot Set Up Kit, S&S strongly recommends retrofitting 2003-'14 model crankcases to accept a Timken sprocket shaft bearing. A Timken conversion sleeve such as Screamin' Eagle® #34822-08 or Jim's® #956 may be used. A charging system spacer for 1999-'02 model year is also required. The S&S Service and Speed Center® can preform this modification for you.
If you choose not to convert your crankcases to a Timken sprocket shaft bearing, S&S flywheels may be used in 2003 and later engines with the installation of the Harley- Davidson® bearing kit #24004-03B. This bearing kit adapts the S&S sprocket shaft to be compatible with stock roller type bearings. Verify that the bearing kit contains the 24604-00D or 24607-07 sprocket shaft bearing. Do not use a 24604-00, 24604-00A, 24604-00B or 24604-00C bearing. Please be advised that if this type of bearing is used, sprocket shaft bearing failure WILL NOT be covered under warranty.
Fuel injection tuning is required. S&S offers fuel injection tuning solutions.
Kits with S&S heads are machined special to compensate for engine height change to accomodate a stock length manifold. When using a kit with stock cylinder heads, S&S recommends using the appropriate length manifold. For a 124" with stock OEM cylinder heads, the standard manifold length is 417.